Do you know a high school student with an exceptional interest in voluntarism? If so, please encourage them to apply for the Deborah P. Altman Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award.
The award is named for Deb Altman, past president of the Junior League of Lancaster whose life exemplified a commitment to volunteering, a love of children and service to the community.
Winner(s) receive a $500 cash award and a $100 donation to a charity of the winner’s choosing.
To download the 2017 Deborah P. Altman Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award Application Form CLICK HERE!
All applications must be postmarked by Thursday, March 16, 2017 or emailed to email@example.com by Monday, March 20, 2017. Winner(s) will be notified by Friday, April 14, 2017, and the award presentation will take place Monday, May 1, 2017.
Qualifications for Applying:
- Any student who resides in Lancaster County who has reached the age of 16, but is not older than 19, by January 31, 2017
- Has done his/her volunteer work in Lancaster County
- Is not the son or daughter of a Junior League member
- Has at least a “C” average this year and the previous academic year
How Applications are Evaluated:
- Quality volunteer work (as determined by the Awards Committee)
- Documented volunteer work
- Reference from the adult associated with student’s volunteer work
- Documented scholastic record
- Properly completed application packet
Application packets are to be distributed through the Guidance Counselor’s office. These forms may be copied. Questions may be directed to The Junior League of Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations & thank you for your commitment to volunteerism!