Volunteer Support to Community Organizations through the Done-In-A-Day (DIAD) Program
In addition to our ongoing projects, the Junior League of Lancaster (JLL) also seeks to impact the community through the “Done-In-A-Day (DIAD)” program. DIAD projects provide JLL volunteer support to local organizations who are in need of temporary help for a special event or program, and are projects that can be accomplished in a one-time day, evening or weekend effort.
The following are a few previous DIAD projects:
- Dining in the Fields (Homefields)
- Smash the Scale (Evolution Power Yoga)
- Rain Garden Clean up
- Walk at Aaron’s Acres
- Packing boxes at Power Packs Project
- Sponsor a Family Christmas (New Choices)
- Shop with a Cop
- MLK Event (United Way)
- Craft bags for Carter’s Corner
- Easter Egg Stuffing for Schreiber Pediatric
- Taste of Success (New Choices)
- Cargas Spring Rendezvous (LDCC)
- Mom’ s House 5k
- Garden Tours at Demuth Art Museum
- Pedal to Preserve (Lancaster Farmland Trust)
- Hands on House Half Marathon
- Love Your Selfie (Evolution Power Yoga)
- Lancaster Science Factory Gala
- CASA Heros Gala
- Night on the Town (LDCC)
- Santa Train at Strasburg Railroad
- Clare House Gala
We are always looking for areas in the community which would benefit from our help and would be happy to discuss how the Junior League of Lancaster might work with your organization collaboratively to improve the community.
All DIAD requests must be for community-based, hands-on opportunities, and preferably related to Junior League of Lancaster’s current focus supporting STEM education and careers for girls and youth who have been historically underrepresented in these fields. Requests should not be fundraising or administrative in nature. The League requests that proposals be submitted at least two months in advance of an event or activity in order to allow the League to evaluate the proposal and obtain League approvals. The League cannot guarantee volunteers. If volunteers choose to sign up for your event, the Community Impact Chair will let you know within two weeks of the event.
Thank you for considering the Junior League of Lancaster as a source for dedicated, community minded volunteers. We look forward to assisting you!
Click here to complete a Done In A Day request form.
For more information or questions please contact us.