The Junior League of Lancaster (JLL) is a vibrant organization with a growing, committed membership, striving for growth in visibility, resources and community impact. The Junior League Grant Program’s goal is community impact in Lancaster County based on the League’s current initiatives. Those initiatives for the 2018-2019 League year are: Girls in STEM and Resilient Youth. The program looks to create deeper partnerships with community organizations that support the JLL initiatives and to support the league’s mission of “improving community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers”.
- Reach: number of individuals reached and affected by program. Must directly affect the community and its people – not political.
- Affect: What change will the program bring? Will the change be long lasting?
- Ability of the organization to achieve the goal
- Considerations: volunteer power, financial stabile and viable, past record of achieving goals, leadership, ability to fund project
- Bonus: JLL member ability to volunteer with the program (provide volunteers, project support, strategic leadership)
- Program Requirements:
- Check-in reports on the program and its impact – at 6 months, 12 months and 24 months (or completion of grant funds)
- Additional Details
- Please provide: non-profit status documentation, full proposal (to included the project’s estimated costs and other additional sources of financing if applicable), 3 years of financial statements
- Funds may not be used for
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding or endowment funding
- Individuals or private foundations
- Activities that are religious or political in nature
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns
- Funds must be used within 24 months
- Grants proposals will start being accepted on 2/1/19 and must be received by 4/1/19
- All grants will be awarded by June 30, 2019
- Grant Size
- Average grant $1000-$2500
- Grantmaker Information
- Type: Non-Profit
- EIN: 23-1303208
Questions may be directed to The Junior League of Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.