Accepting Applications for the Outstanding Youth Volunteer Awards
LANCASTER, PA (January 31, 2018) – The Junior League of Lancaster, PA, Inc. (JLL) is pleased to announce that the organization is now accepting applications for the 2018 Deborah P. Altman Outstanding Youth Volunteer Awards. The award is named for Deborah P. Altman, past president of the JLL whose life exemplified a commitment to volunteering, a love of children and service to the community. Since the award was established in 1984, over $42,000 has been awarded to outstanding youths in Lancaster County.
The purpose of the award is to recognize young people who demonstrate an exceptional interest and involvement in volunteerism as well as inspiring their peers to volunteer in their communities. Three high school students will be selected to receive the award, each receiving a prize of $600 ($500 monetary award for the student, and $100 award that the student can designate to a charity of their own choosing).
All applications must be received by March 12, 2018. Winners will be notified by April 13, 2018, and award presentation will take place May 7, 2018.
Qualifications for applying:
– Any student residing in Lancaster County who has reached the age of 16, but is not older than 19, by January 31, 2018
– Has done his/her volunteer work in Lancaster County
– Is not the son or daughter of a Junior League member
– Has at least a “C” average this year and the previous academic year
How applications are evaluated:
– Quality of volunteer work (as determined by the Awards Committee)
– Documented volunteer work
– Reference from the adult associated with student’s volunteer work
– Documented scholastic record
– Properly completed application packet
For application details and documents, please visit the JLL website https://www.jllancaster.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.